Sehnsucht

  • WynjaJL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 12:00 PM
      Recently I read a book on Christian Mythmakers and in it the author
      described a term used by C. S. Lewis - Sehnsucht which he defined as the
      yearning, wistful longing to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into
      it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it (to
      put on the splendor of the sun). The author mentioned this as being
      discussed in Suprised By Joy and mentioned in The Weight of Glory. Has
      anyone on the list ever come upon this term being discussed by Lewis in any
      of his other works?

      Larry Wynja