planetary symbols in "The Chronicles of Narnia"

  • Cristina A. Montes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2007
    • Lisa (and Ray)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2007
        Thanks for posting this Cristina! I enjoyed it, and it makes me now
        want to re-examine this, since I had aligned the Aslan character
        himself with the Sun (Son, i.e. Christ) and the kingly energies are
        also present in the Sun's sign of Leo. I thought the Queen however
        was quite Saturnian in nature - cold, unrelenting, rigid and
        definitely not sentimental. Also, Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn
        and Aquarius, which in the Northern Hemisphere represent the coldest
        season. Leo is in the hottest part of the summer, and is opposite
        Aquarius on the zodiacal wheel. However, it didn't occur to me to
        seek ALL of the planetary influences in all of the stories - these are
        things that had just "hit" me without looking very hard, and just in
        the first story! Thanks again!

        I am at this time more immersed in Tolkien's Legendarium, particularly
        the publishings after Tolkien's death, and (of course) finding many
        correlations with not only planetary energies, but cosmology
        similarities in general. However, I am not so sure it was
        "deliberate" on Tolkien's part because it is so vast and intricately
        detailed. I am sure his sources were many, and his ability with
        language likely helped him understand different levels of ancient
        texts not readily reachable without such skills.

        Lisa

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Cristina A. Montes"