Re: C.S. Lewis Foundation summer programs

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      I know that Diana Glyer is one of the plenary speakers next summer;
      she did a workshop for them in San Diego this past summer and was very
      impressed with the quality of the operation. I am *hoping* to go (that
      may read better as "fantasizing about going") next year; will keep an
      eye out for how things develop.

      -- Lynn --

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Cole Matson" <ccematson@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone on the list attended the C.S. Lewis Foundation's summer
      > seminars-in-residence at the Kilns or its Oxbridge Summer Institute at
      > Oxford and Cambridge? I'm planning a trip to Britain next summer or
      fall,
      > and am trying to decide whether to register for one or the other.
      The Kilns
      > seminar sounds ideal, but is a little out of my current price range,
      whereas
      > I think I can afford one week of the Summer Institute if I find cheaper
      > accommodations outside of college. I would like to find out if the
      programs
      > are as good as they sound.
      >
      > Also, does anyone have any suggestions for quality Lewis- (or
      > Tolkien-)related activities? I'm planning on visiting the Kilns, the
      church
      > at Headington Quarry, the Bird and Baby, and Magdalen College at
      Oxford, and
      > perhaps attending a meeting of the Oxford C.S. Lewis Society. I also
      would
      > like to visit Cambridge. I'm trying to pack as much as I can into up to
      > three weeks, while also not burning myself out, which also includes
      visits
      > to Scotland to see friends, at least a day in London, and possible
      visits to
      > other locations I've always wanted to see (such as Arthur's Seat in
      Wales,