Two online articles

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2007
      For those who may be interested:

      A short profile of Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull (with a link to an interview conducted last April):
      http://www.collegenews.org/x7614.xml

      And a review of John Rateliff's History of The Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins, from Canada's Globe and Mail:
      http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20071124.BKBAGG24/TPStory/Entertainment

      Jason
    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 27, 2007
        Jason wrote:

        >For those who may be interested:

        And how could you not be?

        >A short profile of Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull (with a link to an
        >interview conducted last April):
        ><http://www.collegenews.org/x7614.xml>http://www.collegenews.org/x7614.xml

        An even better rendering of the article is at
        http://www.williams.edu/home/focus/tolkien/.

        Wayne

      • Jason Fisher
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2007
          >> For those who may be interested:

          > And how could you not be?

          Exactly! :)

          > An even better rendering of the article is at
          > http://www.williams.edu/home/focus/tolkien/ .

          Thanks for the better link, Wayne. I really liked this short article. The bit about the shared love of Tolkien leading to a real ring was clever, although it also reminded me of Tolkien's letter #343. Let's not think about it like that, though, eh? :)

          Best,
          Jason
        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
            Thanks, both of you, for posting the links. I was absolutely RIVETED!
            Now I'm afraid that I'll rust in the rain...

            -- Lynn --

            #343. Let's not think about it like that, though, eh? :)