Re: [mythsoc] Re: What should be on my Christmas list?

  • bernip
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
      From: "Jason Fisher" <visualweasel@...>

      >> The Scull & Hammond duo is one I keep nearby as reference
      >> no matter what I'm reading because it adds depth to other books.
      >
      > Me too. Kipling, Dickens, Kafka, doesn't matter. Like a good barbecue
      > sauce*, the Scull & Hammond set makes anything better! ;-)
      >

      > * Yes, I am from Texas, so BBQ is never far from my mind.

      Okay, that made me laugh. "Scull & Hammond" even sounds like a condiment!
      (Waves hi to Wayne and Christina)

      Berni
    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
        > Okay, that made me laugh. "Scull & Hammond" even sounds like a condiment!
        > (Waves hi to Wayne and Christina)

        Or a dish of British food: "I'll have the Bubble and Squeak with Hammond and Scull on the side"

        Larry Swain

        Powered by Outblaze
      • Kim Jaudon
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 21, 2007
          Oh man - I needed a good laugh today!!

          Does anyone have an opinion on The Keys of Middle Earth, by Stuart Lee and Elizabeth Solopova? I just received it as a gift, and am wondering where to file it in the "books to be read" on my bedstand.