Re: de-lurking to introduce myself

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2007
      Hi Mary! Not to worry: all opinions are encouraged and welcome here. You don't have to be an academic; far from it. And there's no need to qualify "fan" with "just a"; we're all fans when you get right down to it. :)

      > I was thrilled to get an old copy (#12, 1976) of Mythlore when I
      > joined the M.S. and have tried to work up nerve to introduce
      > myself here since then.

      I got an old one when I joined a couple years ago, too (#10, the Tolkien memorial issue, a great addition to my collection), and I always meant to ask somebody about this. Is this the SOP for welcoming new members? Is there a big stack of old issues being slowly handed out? If so, I think that's a fantastic perk.

      Jason