Re: [mythsoc] de-lurking to introduce myself

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 11, 2007
      Undoubtably Garth. John Garth.

      -----Original Message-----

    • Jeremy Edmonds
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 11, 2007
        Shaken, not stirred?

        --- David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:

        > Undoubtably Garth. John Garth.

        Rown's Books
        * Tolkien, SF&F and more *
        872 Loyalton Drive
        Campbell, CA 95008 USA
        (408) 396-6996
        www.rowns.com
      • David Emerson
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 11, 2007
          >>Read Shippey, Flieger, Barth, Rateliff, et al.
          >

          >Who is Barth? I presume you don't mean Karl Barth or John Barth. I don't
          >know offhand of any Inkling scholar named Barth.

          Sorry, that was a mental typo -- I meant Garth. John Garth, _Tolkien and the Great War_ to be specific.

          emerdavid

          PeoplePC Online
          A better way to Internet
          http://www.peoplepc.com
        • Jason Fisher
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 12, 2007
            Hi Mary! Not to worry: all opinions are encouraged and welcome here. You don't have to be an academic; far from it. And there's no need to qualify "fan" with "just a"; we're all fans when you get right down to it. :)

            > I was thrilled to get an old copy (#12, 1976) of Mythlore when I
            > joined the M.S. and have tried to work up nerve to introduce
            > myself here since then.

            I got an old one when I joined a couple years ago, too (#10, the Tolkien memorial issue, a great addition to my collection), and I always meant to ask somebody about this. Is this the SOP for welcoming new members? Is there a big stack of old issues being slowly handed out? If so, I think that's a fantastic perk.

            Jason