RE: [mythsoc] Discussion groups in Illinois

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
      Adam has previously been invited to join us at the Far Westfarthing
      smial's meetings, the next of which is this Friday Nov. 16th at 4:30
      p.m. at the Peoria Pizza Works on Prospect Road in Peoria Heights.

      After progressing through THE HOBBIT, THE LORD OF THE RINGS, THE
      SILMARILLION, and THE CHILDREN OF HURIN at a chapter-per-month rate from
      200O up through September, with a one-off break for THE LION, THE WITCH,
      & THE WARDROBE, we're taking a short break from Tolkien.

      This month the reading is Philip Pullman's NORTHERN LIGHTS aka THE
      GOLDEN COMPASS; December will be AMERICAN GODS by Neil Gaiman. The
      group turns ten years old next month. Tom Shippey and Doug Anderson as
      well as Rivendell's own David Emerson have met with us a time or two.

      Cheers,
      Mike

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
        >... The
        >group [Far Westfarthing smial] turns ten years old next month. Tom Shippey and Doug Anderson as
        >well as Rivendell's own David Emerson have met with us a time or two.

        Not, unfortunately for me, at the same time.

        David Emerson

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com