Re: Mythcon 39 Guests of Honor

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2007
      > Just a note that we have rounded out the guests of honor and will
      > be having Marjorie Burns as Scholar Guest of Honor and Sharan
      > Newman in the Author Guest of Honor role.

      What a coincidence! Marjorie Burns is also scheduled to be the GOH at Tolkien 2008 at the University of Vermont, Burlington, next April.

      Jason
    • Anthony and Jessica
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2007
        I had no idea, and am not a big believer in coincidence ;-) but that
        is a bit odd but cool!

        > > Just a note that we have rounded out the guests of honor and will
        > > be having Marjorie Burns as Scholar Guest of Honor and Sharan
        > > Newman in the Author Guest of Honor role.
        >
        > What a coincidence! Marjorie Burns is also scheduled to be the GOH
        at Tolkien 2008 at the University of Vermont, Burlington, next April.

        > Jason

      • John D Rateliff
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 9, 2007
          Well, good for her. She's a good speaker, she just wrote one of the
          best books on Tolkien to come out in years, and she'll make a great
          G.o.H.
          --JDR