Mythcon 39 Guests of Honor

  • Anthony and Jessica
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2007
      Greetings my fellow mythies,
      Just a note that we have rounded out the guests of honor and will be
      having Marjorie Burns as Scholar Guest of Honor and Sharan Newman in
      the Author Guest of Honor role.
      Best,
      Anthony
      http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon39.html
    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2007
        > Just a note that we have rounded out the guests of honor and will
        > be having Marjorie Burns as Scholar Guest of Honor and Sharan
        > Newman in the Author Guest of Honor role.

        What a coincidence! Marjorie Burns is also scheduled to be the GOH at Tolkien 2008 at the University of Vermont, Burlington, next April.

        Jason
      • Anthony and Jessica
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2007
          I had no idea, and am not a big believer in coincidence ;-) but that
          is a bit odd but cool!

          > > Just a note that we have rounded out the guests of honor and will
          > > be having Marjorie Burns as Scholar Guest of Honor and Sharan
          > > Newman in the Author Guest of Honor role.
          >
          > What a coincidence! Marjorie Burns is also scheduled to be the GOH
          at Tolkien 2008 at the University of Vermont, Burlington, next April.

          > Jason

        • John D Rateliff
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 9, 2007
            Well, good for her. She's a good speaker, she just wrote one of the
            best books on Tolkien to come out in years, and she'll make a great
            G.o.H.
            --JDR