Re: The Company They Keep-review

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 7, 2007
      yes, the examination of what we mean by "influence" and what a narrow
      (or simplistic) view we generally take... great stuff!

      BTW, Mythlore 100 just arrived yesterday and LOOKS GREAT (and also
      contains a review of *The Company They Keep* - accurate and glowing, I
      might add) - excellent work, Janet.

      -- Lynn --

      > Let me chime here in that it's a WONDERFUL book, and not just
      because it's about the Inklings. The insights on collaborative
      writing and on influence are also eye-opening, and make me want to go
      out and co-author things. I wish I'd read her book before some of the
      recent discussions I've seen on my _Tolkien and Shakespeare_ so I
      could have been all erudite and articulate when countering people who
      say "but Tolkien hated Shakespeare, so how could there be any
      influence?" (which usually leaves me sputtering and gnashing my teeth...)
      > Janet
      Behalf Of Lynn Maudlin