Re: [mythsoc] Robin Hood for very young?

  • juliet@firinn.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 10:31:48PM -0000, Pauline J. Alama wrote:
      > Can anyone recommend a good first book about Robin Hood, suitable for
      > reading to children of 4 or 5?

      In case someone else doesn't provide the perfect book, here are a few
      I've heard of:

      Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest by Ann McGovern
      The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
      Stories of Robin Hood Told to the Children by H. E. Marshall
      The Adventures of Robin Hood by Roger Lancelyn Green

      I haven't read any of these all through, and I haven't tried reading any of
      them to four and five year olds. The Marshall book seems like it would be
      understandable to five year olds who have been read to often, and it's available
      as a free ebook from www.mainlesson.com, so you can try a chapter or two on
      your subjects before you buy.

      Julie