Robin Hood for very young?

  • Pauline J. Alama
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      Can anyone recommend a good first book about Robin Hood, suitable for
      reading to children of 4 or 5?

      Thanks,
      Pauline Alama
    • juliet@firinn.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
        On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 10:31:48PM -0000, Pauline J. Alama wrote:
        > Can anyone recommend a good first book about Robin Hood, suitable for
        > reading to children of 4 or 5?

        In case someone else doesn't provide the perfect book, here are a few
        I've heard of:

        Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest by Ann McGovern
        The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
        Stories of Robin Hood Told to the Children by H. E. Marshall
        The Adventures of Robin Hood by Roger Lancelyn Green

        I haven't read any of these all through, and I haven't tried reading any of
        them to four and five year olds. The Marshall book seems like it would be
        understandable to five year olds who have been read to often, and it's available
        as a free ebook from www.mainlesson.com, so you can try a chapter or two on
        your subjects before you buy.

        Julie