Uncles and Grandfathers (was Re: Smith of Whittle Major)

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2007
      > MacDonald's grand-fatherly "uncular" stance

      Which is it, grandfatherly or avuncular? I always thought an "uncle" was a guy who helped you buy beer when you were underage, while a "grandfather" was a guy who taught you how to whittle. And neither need actually be related to you. ;o)

      Jason

    • Cathy Akers-Jordan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2007
        Jase,

        LOL! That tells us a lot about your family.:)

        Cathy