Re:Stephen R. Lawhead's Pendragon Cycle

  • Elizabeth Hardy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
      I am very fond of Lawhead. His Paradise War series has moments in it that have really made an impression on my consciousness. Although the series, like the Arthur books, is quite violent (lots of Celtic warfare), it too celebrates positive themes and carries on the tradition of the Mythpoeics. He also is very reminscient of my beloved Edmund Spenser in his storiy-telling. His Byzantium is wonderful, too. I admire his excellent research, memorable characters, and haunting imagery. I pass his name along every chance I get!

    • Matt Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2007
        And he grew up ritght here in Kearney, Ne. where I found myself living a couple of years ago. I keep asking myself how it happened.

        He returned here a couple of years ago to be the graduation speaker at University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK). HIs mom and other relatives still live in town.

        Matt Williams

      • Barbara Shulla
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 14, 2007
          Great Writer. I just finished Hood.