Techno-suggestions from internet savants, please

  • William Cloud Hicklin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2007
      As some of you may know, a site offering illegal Tolkien e-texts
      for dowload received a C&D from the Estate's lawyers a couple of
      years ago- well, they have (boastfully) offshored their
      enterprise, by using a .tv domain name- in other words the
      website is nominally under the jurisdiction of the Tuvalu
      Islands (not, to my knowledge, a Berne signatory).

      However, I seriously doubt that this server is actually,
      physically located midway between Hawaii and Fiji. It very
      likely is in a Western counrtry, probably Anglophone.

      So, to the technogolmor: how would one go about tracking the
      physical location of a Web sever.. for delivery of course, raw
      and wriggling, to Manches PLC?
    • Beth Russell
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2007
        Easy! Look for "marks of soft feet beside a muddy pool."

        Beth

        _____