CFP--Lewis Conference 12/15 deadline

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2007
      Ca l l f o r P a p e r s--C.S. Lewis Summer Institute 2008

      The Self and the Search for Meaning

      At Oxford University: July 28-August 2
      At Cambridge University: August 2-8

      Oxbridge 2008 is an interdisciplinary conference that serves as a focal
      point of the C.S. Lewis Foundation's efforts to advance a renaissance of
      Christian scholarship and artistic expression among faculty. The Institute
      will feature two internationally recognized plenary speakers each morning
      followed by academic sessions of faculty papers, as well as seminars and
      workshops in the afternoons. Engagement of the Institute theme is welcome
      from either disciplinary or interdisciplinary perspectives, as are
      proposals on any aspect of the life and writings of C.S. Lewis or other
      Inklings, or the subject of Christian faith and its relevance to one?s
      profession within higher education or to the world of the arts. For
      details, visit www.cslewis.org

      Paper presentations must not exceed 20 minutes. Submit a 300-word abstract
      describing the content and relationship to the theme with a 2-page C.V.,
      including complete contact information. Acknowledgement will be made by
      email.

      Deadline for proposal submission: December 15, 2007

      Contact: Scott B. Key, Ph.D., Director, Faculty Forum Academic Sessions,
      Oxbridge 2008, C. S. Lewis Foundation
      Email: ox08acadconf@... ? FAX: 909-335-3501

      Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)

    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2007
        I'd like to point out that Diana Glyer is one of the special guest
        speakers for this conference... <grin>

        -- Lynn --