Re: [mythsoc] Mythies on the radio

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007
      No, make copies---if legal.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: David Bratman
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 9:23 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Mythies on the radio

      The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked about the
      reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
      imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of particular
      importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do evil in
      the name of good.

      The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and I'll be
      picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with it, if
      anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to the Sea
      where it may rest until the End, possibly.