Re: [mythsoc] Mythies on the radio

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
      The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked about the
      reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
      imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of particular
      importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do evil in
      the name of good.

      The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and I'll be
      picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with it, if
      anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to the Sea
      where it may rest until the End, possibly.
    • Walter Padgett
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
        Hey!

        I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to hear it.

        Walter

        On 10/5/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:

        > The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked about the
        > reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
        > imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of particular
        > importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do evil in
        > the name of good.
        >
        > The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and I'll be
        > picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with it, if
        > anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to the Sea
        > where it may rest until the End, possibly.

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
          me too--

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Padgett" <wpadgett@...> wrote:

          > Hey!
          >
          > I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to
          hear it.

          > Walter
          >

          > On 10/5/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked
          about the
          > > reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
          > > imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of
          particular
          > > importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do
          evil in
          > > the name of good.
          > >
          > > The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and
          I'll be
          > > picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with
          it, if
          > > anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to
          the Sea
          > > where it may rest until the End, possibly.

        • Linda DeMars
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
            And me.

            Linda C. DeMars

            On 10/5/07, Lynn Maudlin <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

            > me too--
            >
            > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com <mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com>, "Walter
            > Padgett" <wpadgett@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey!
            > >
            > > I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to
            > hear it.
            > >
            > > Walter
            > >

            > > On 10/5/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked
            > about the
            > > > reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
            > > > imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of
            > particular
            > > > importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do
            > evil in
            > > > the name of good.
            > > >
            > > > The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and
            > I'll be
            > > > picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with
            > it, if
            > > > anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to
            > the Sea
            > > > where it may rest until the End, possibly.

          • Berni Phillips
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
              And, hey, your wife would like to hear it, too!

              >> > I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to
              >> hear it.
              >> >
              >> > Walter

              >> about the
              >> particular