Table of contents for Mythlore 99/100

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
      This issue went to the printer this morning and should be on its way to subscribers in just a week or two!

      Mythlore Issue 99/100, Volume 26, Number 1/2, Fall/Winter 2007

      Editorial

      Janet Brennan Croft

      "Deep Lies the Sea-Longing": Inklings of Home

      Charles A. Huttar

      The Centre of the Inklings: Lewis? Williams? Barfield? Tolkien?

      Diana Pavlac Glyer

      "Good, Not Safe": Structure vs. Chaos in Narnia and the Writing Workshop

      Ethan Campbell and Robert Jackson

      Letters to Malcolm and the Trouble with Narnia: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Their 1949 Crisis

      Eric Seddon

      Sacral Kingship: Aragorn as the Rightful and Sacrificial King in The Lord of the Rings

      Karen Simpson Nikakis

      Archaeology and the Sense of History in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth

      Deborah Sabo

      The Enigma of Radagast: Revision, Melodrama, and Depth

      Nicholas Birns

      Tolkien as a Child of The Green Fairy Book

      Ruth Berman

      Imitative Desire in Tolkien's Mythology: A Girardian Perspective

      Hayden Head

      Maldon and Moria: On Byrhtnoth, Gandalf, and Heroism in The Lord of the Rings

      Alexander M. Bruce

      At Home and Abroad: Éowyn's Two-fold Figuring as War Bride in The Lord of the Rings

      Melissa Smith

      Pagan Beliefs in The Serpent's Tooth

      Joe R. Christopher

      Nazis, Mythology, and Totalitarian Minds in Kurt Vonnegut's Mother Night

      Gilbert McInnis

      Reviews

      (Books reviewed: Milton, Spenser, and the Chronicles of Narnia: Literary Sources for C.S. Lewis's Novels by Elizabeth Baird Hardy; C.S. Lewis: Life, Works, and Legacy, edited by Bruce L. Edwards; The Company They Keep: C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien as Writers in Community by Diana Pavlac Glyer; and Roots and Branches: Selected Papers on Tolkien by Tom Shippey.)

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://libraries.ou.edu/

      Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
      http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html

    • David Emerson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
        >This issue went to the printer this morning and should be on its way to subscribers in just a week or two!

        Sounds terrific! I'm looking forward to it.

        emerdavid

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com