Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [mythsoc] Mythies on the radio

Expand Messages
  • Walter Padgett
    I d be very interested in listening in, but the station s website doesn t seem to offer any streaming of programs, archives or anything like that. Is there
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      I'd be very interested in listening in, but the station's website doesn't
      seem to offer any streaming of programs, archives or anything like that. Is
      there going to be any recording of the interview?

      BTW, I think John Rateliff is going to be giving his conference at Marquette
      tomorrow:

      On October 4, 2007, 4:00 p.m. there will be a conference by John D.
      Rateliff as part of the 50th anniversary celebration: "'A Kind of
      Elvish Craft': Tolkien as Literary Craftsman", at Raynor Library's
      Conference Center.

      http://www.marquette.edu/library/information/news/2007/Rateliff.html

      Looks like your discussions will be taking place all at about the same time.

      Good luck!

      Walter


      On 10/3/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
      >
      > Assuming that all is unchanged from what I was told last month, Edith
      > Crowe and I, as representatives of the Mythopoeic Society, will be
      > interviewed tomorrow on the radio. Topic, of course, is Tolkien and the
      > Inklings. Larry Grant on KKUP, noon-3 PM Thursday. There'll be lots to talk
      > about. Anyone within the tiny reception area of 91.5 FM in Cupertino,
      > California, is welcome to listen.
      >
      >
      >


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Lynn Maudlin
      oooh, coolness! Do they offer streaming? -- Lynn -- ... Edith Crowe and I, as representatives of the Mythopoeic Society, will be interviewed tomorrow on the
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        oooh, coolness! Do they offer streaming?

        -- Lynn --

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
        >
        > Assuming that all is unchanged from what I was told last month,
        Edith Crowe and I, as representatives of the Mythopoeic Society, will
        be interviewed tomorrow on the radio. Topic, of course, is Tolkien and
        the Inklings. Larry Grant on KKUP, noon-3 PM Thursday. There'll be
        lots to talk about. Anyone within the tiny reception area of 91.5 FM
        in Cupertino, California, is welcome to listen.
        >
      • David Bratman
        The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked about the reasons for LOTR s continuing popularity, particularly its moral imperatives, something
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked about the
          reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
          imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of particular
          importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do evil in
          the name of good.

          The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and I'll be
          picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with it, if
          anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to the Sea
          where it may rest until the End, possibly.
        • Walter Padgett
          Hey! I m glad you ll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to hear it. Walter ... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            Hey!

            I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to hear it.

            Walter


            On 10/5/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
            >
            > The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked about the
            > reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
            > imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of particular
            > importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do evil in
            > the name of good.
            >
            > The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and I'll be
            > picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with it, if
            > anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to the Sea
            > where it may rest until the End, possibly.
            >
            >
            >


            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Lynn Maudlin
            me too-- ... hear it. ... about the ... particular ... evil in ... I ll be ... it, if ... the Sea
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              me too--

              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Padgett" <wpadgett@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hey!
              >
              > I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to
              hear it.
              >
              > Walter
              >
              >
              > On 10/5/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked
              about the
              > > reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
              > > imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of
              particular
              > > importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do
              evil in
              > > the name of good.
              > >
              > > The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and
              I'll be
              > > picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with
              it, if
              > > anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to
              the Sea
              > > where it may rest until the End, possibly.
              > >
              > >
              > >
              >
              >
              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              >
            • Linda DeMars
              And me. Linda C. DeMars ... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                And me.

                Linda C. DeMars

                On 10/5/07, Lynn Maudlin <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:
                >
                > me too--
                >
                > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com <mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com>, "Walter
                > Padgett" <wpadgett@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey!
                > >
                > > I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to
                > hear it.
                > >
                > > Walter
                > >
                > >
                > > On 10/5/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked
                > about the
                > > > reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
                > > > imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of
                > particular
                > > > importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do
                > evil in
                > > > the name of good.
                > > >
                > > > The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and
                > I'll be
                > > > picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with
                > it, if
                > > > anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to
                > the Sea
                > > > where it may rest until the End, possibly.
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > >
                > >
                > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                > >
                >
                >
                >


                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • Berni Phillips
                And, hey, your wife would like to hear it, too! ... From: Linda DeMars To: Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 6:37
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  And, hey, your wife would like to hear it, too!

                  ----- Original Message -----
                  From: "Linda DeMars" <linda@...>
                  To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
                  Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 6:37 PM
                  Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Re: Mythies on the radio


                  > And me.
                  >
                  > Linda C. DeMars
                  >
                  > On 10/5/07, Lynn Maudlin <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> me too--
                  >>
                  >> --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com <mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com>, "Walter
                  >> Padgett" <wpadgett@...> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > Hey!
                  >> >
                  >> > I'm glad you'll be getting a recording. I, for one, would love to
                  >> hear it.
                  >> >
                  >> > Walter
                  >> >
                  >> >
                  >> > On 10/5/07, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
                  >> > >
                  >> > > The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked
                  >> about the
                  >> > > reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
                  >> > > imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of
                  >> particular
                  >> > > importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do
                  >> evil in
                  >> > > the name of good.
                  >> > >
                  >> > > The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and
                  >> I'll be
                  >> > > picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with
                  >> it, if
                  >> > > anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to
                  >> the Sea
                  >> > > where it may rest until the End, possibly.
                  >> > >
                  >> > >
                  >> > >
                  >> >
                  >> >
                  >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  >> >
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >
                  >
                  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                • Diane Joy Baker
                  No, make copies---if legal. ... From: David Bratman To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 9:23 AM Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Mythies on the
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 10, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    No, make copies---if legal.

                    ----- Original Message -----
                    From: David Bratman
                    To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 9:23 AM
                    Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Mythies on the radio


                    The radio interview yesterday went well, I think. We talked about the
                    reasons for LOTR's continuing popularity, particularly its moral
                    imperatives, something lacking in many adventure fantasies - of particular
                    importance, I think, is the urgent concern of the heroes not to do evil in
                    the name of good.

                    The station kept the whole broadcast on tape, they told us, and I'll be
                    picking up a CD copy later on. Then we can decide what to do with it, if
                    anything. Cast it into the River Anduin and let it roll down to the Sea
                    where it may rest until the End, possibly.





                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.