More on outsider artists

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      In my posts about Tolkien as a pseudo-outsider artist, I said that I didn't
      know any cases where a true outsider artist is generally considered to have
      more than flashes of brilliance in their works. This seems to be the closest
      to a true outsider artist who's often considered brilliant in their field:

      _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger_
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger)

      He's inspired other artists and gotten mentions from other artists,
      including Neil Gaiman.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        At 11:35 AM 10/2/2007 -0400, WendellWag@... wrote:

        >In my posts about Tolkien as a pseudo-outsider artist, I said that I didn't
        >know any cases where a true outsider artist is generally considered to have
        >more than flashes of brilliance in their works. This seems to be the closest
        >to a true outsider artist who's often considered brilliant in their field:
        >
        >_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger_

        A curious fact about Henry Darger is that he both was born and died in the
        same years as Tolkien.