Re: [mythsoc] Re: Charles de Lint

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 27, 2007
      At 03:40 PM 9/27/2007 -0400, alexeik@... wrote:

      >I think De Lint's best book by far is _The Little Country_

      As far as my de Lint experience goes I would certainly agree. It's a
      subtle book with two interweaving stories that goes beyond pushing the
      usual de Lint buttons, though it does that too.
    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 27, 2007
        As others have said, JACK THE GIANT KILLER is pleasant enough fluff,
        one of the best in the (admittedly uneven) Windling 'Fairy Tales'
        series. The sequel, DRINK DOWN THE MOON, is not quite as good but
        still readable. Stay away from GREENMANTLE, which is a real dud. I
        wasn't able to make myself read THE LITTLE COUNTRY; perhaps I shd
        give it another try.
        Has anyone read his newest book, LITTLE (GRRL) LOST?
        --JDR
      • Cathy Akers-Jordan
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 28, 2007
          Thank you to everyone who posted about Charles de Lint! Now I have a
          few titles to look for. :)

          Cathy
        • alexeik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 1, 2007
              Wait 'til you read *Memory and Dream.* That's my fave de Lint. ---djb