Rómenna Meeting Reports

  • Jeremy Edmonds
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
      About six months ago (or so) on the MythSoc list, someone commented that the
      Rómenna Meeting Reports were cited multiple times in Wayne and Christina's
      Reader's Companion. Margaret came forward as the author of those reports, and
      said she was willing to have the entire series put online if someone wanted to
      host them.

      Since then, she made photocopies of her entire run of issues, mailed them to
      me, and I got them scanned in and uploaded. It was quite interesting reading
      through them all, I must say! I believe that I caught all of the errors
      introduced in the scanning process (mostly caused by accented characters and
      underlining, neither of which were recognized by my OCR software) but feel free
      to send corrections my way if you notice anything.

      Given that there are perhaps a dozen or so of each issue extant, I want to send
      a big thank-you to Margaret for her permission in sharing these publicly like
      this.

      http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=Romenna

      Jeremy
    • Merlin DeTardo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
        ---Jeremy Edmonds <jeremy@...> wrote:
        << About six months ago (or so) on the MythSoc list, someone
        commented that the Romenna Meeting Reports were cited multiple times
        in Wayne and Christina's Reader's Companion. Margaret came forward
        as the author of those reports, and said she was willing to have the
        entire series put online if someone wanted to host them.
        Since then, she made photocopies of her entire run of issues, mailed
        them to me, and I got them scanned in and uploaded. It was quite
        interesting reading through them all, I must say! >>

        What a wonderful trove -- thank you, Margaret and Jeremy!

        -Merlin DeTardo
      • Doug Kane
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
          All I can say is "Wow!"

          And, of course, a great big thank you to Margaret and Jeremy!