Re: Madeleine L'Engle

  • britomart3
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2007
      Thank you for letting us know. I was just thinking of her this
      weekend; as I rocked my daughter, I was quoting some of Aunt
      Beast's lines from Wrinkle to her, calling her "little blind as a
      bat," just in case she inherits my bad vision. I am so deeply
      saddened; her books were a great solace to me as I was an awkward,
      plain "smart girl" with glasses, struggling through adolescence,
      when I first traveled with Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin. I know
      we will miss her here, but that she is right at home with Progo,
      Gaudior, and their kin, now. After all, I think she already knew all
      the words to the songs they sing.

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Massey
      <septemberdaughter@...> wrote:

      > A friend introduced me to her in college. I've been deeply moved
      by some things she wrote. I especially enjoyed A LIVE COAL IN THE
      SEA and THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SUN.

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070907/ap_on_re_us/obit_l_engle