Re: Jackson movies as film art

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7 12:04 AM
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "dbltall42" <dbltall@...> wrote:

      > ...the scene with Denethor's poor table manners intercut with
      > Faramir falling swoopily...

      This is one of the few scenes that I found incredibly powerful. Yes, I
      knew I was being manipulated but it seemed "appropriate" to me,
      somehow, a kind of shorthand to show us Faramir's nobility and how far
      Denethor had fallen, while Pippin (of all people) sings this
      beautiful, stark *a capella* song...

      > It is probably the case that different people appreciate different
      > things in movies, just as we do in books.

      Yup. And that's a good thing, imho.

      -- Lynn --