Re: [mythsoc] Re: Terry Brooks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2000
      I don't mind that Terry Brooks wrote what is at most a passible fantasy.
      Lots of poorer fantasies get written every year. Some of them even get
      published. You can't blame an author for trying. The real blame falls on
      the head of Lester Del Rey, who bought the Shannara books, rewrote them
      (according to a common rumor), and then trumpeted them as if they were the
      second coming of Tolkien.