Re: [mythsoc] Beowulf film

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 108 , Sep 2, 2007
      From: "Mike Foster" <mafoster@...>

      > An open invitation to complete this clerihew:
      >
      > Peter Jackson's
      > Films inspired many reactions

      Peter Jackson's
      Films inspired many reactions
      Lord of the -- more rings?
      I found them boring-s!

      Yes, my precious, I did.
      the Bratwife

      (Is anyone else having little ant problems and being thankful they're not
      invasions of Ents? I keep thinking of a Pat Wynne cartoon that should be:
      the return of the Ant Wives to the Ents!)
    • aveeris523@aol.com
      Message 108 of 108 , Dec 7, 2007
        In a message dated 12/7/07 9:41:39 AM, dbratman@... writes:

        > Very much the opposite opinion here. I don't recall anything harmful being
        > done to the text, but the image was definitely a problem. Tolkien says she was
        > "beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful." The only word in this
        > that Jackson seems to have followed was "terrible" - and he seems to be using
        > it in the sense of "scary and terrifying," rather than "eliciting awe" which
        > is what Tolkien presumably meant.
        >
        > Good point David! Beautiful and Terrible like an angel would have been more
        appropriate.