RE: [mythsoc] Beowulf film

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 108 , Sep 2, 2007
      Well, Grace, the notion of -felix peccatum- was from St. Augustine, and
      he was always considered rather orthodox at St. Bernard's, Spalding, and
      Marquette, but, as you say, back to today's feature movie.

      The clerihew victors were posted to Ellie a couple weeks ago and so they
      may be in the next issue of -Mythprint--.

      An open invitation to complete this clerihew:

      Peter Jackson's
      Films inspired many reactions

      Cheers,
      Mike

      Message 108 of 108 , Dec 7, 2007
        In a message dated 12/7/07 9:41:39 AM, dbratman@... writes:

        > Very much the opposite opinion here. I don't recall anything harmful being
        > done to the text, but the image was definitely a problem. Tolkien says she was
        > "beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful." The only word in this
        > that Jackson seems to have followed was "terrible" - and he seems to be using
        > it in the sense of "scary and terrifying," rather than "eliciting awe" which
        > is what Tolkien presumably meant.
        >
        > Good point David! Beautiful and Terrible like an angel would have been more
        appropriate.