Re: Tolkien vs. Jackson - trying to get back to Beowulf

  • jane Bigelow
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2007
      One reason that "Clueless" and "Red as Blood" work for me is that
      they have *different titles* from the original works/legends. That
      sets the author free to invent and the audience free to enjoy (or
      not) without being constantly tripped up by unwelcome changes in
      something that seems to purport to be a faithful adaptation.
      Now I want to go track down the others Grace mentions. So many books
      and films, so little time!
      Jane