Re: Pan's Labyrinth - Another THANKS

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2007
      > ----- Patrick H. Wynne <pwynne@...> ----
      > Jason, you have my sincere apologies for any lessening of
      > your enjoyment of Pan's Labyrinth my comments have caused
      > [...]
      > I do hope, however, that your statement that the "entire movie"
      > was now spoiled for you was a bit of hyperbole! You surely can't
      > mean that _all_ the style and mood, acting and drama, costumes
      > and set design, action and fantasy sequences, special effects and
      > musical score, etc. of the _entire movie_ are now completely ruined
      > for you by knowing one key plot development occupying but a few
      > minutes toward the end of the movie? And what I mentioned in my
      > earlier post does NOT in fact give away the whole enchilada of the
      > ending, btw -- far from it.

      Thanks for this, Pat. I appreciate your taking the time to send this not just to me, but to the group as well.

      I'm also glad to know there are other surprises for me in PL. You're right: mine was a bit of hyperbole -- well, whining, really :) -- and I will certainly still enjoy all those other spects of the film. But for me, the surprises definitely are one the best parts of a viewing or reading experience. I seldom guess the "twists" in movies like The Sixth Sense, usually because I suspend that active, analytical part of my brain while I watch. For me, it's more fun that way.

      Thanks again ...

      Jason

    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2007

        > ...But for me, the surprises definitely are one the best parts of a
        viewing or reading experience. I seldom guess the "twists" in movies
        like The Sixth Sense, usually because I suspend that active,
        analytical part of my brain while I watch. For me, it's more fun that way.

        And if you can manage to ALSO forget whatever you heard (in addition
        to suspending the analytical part of your brain), you're in really
        good shape!

        Kind of like aging... ;)

        -- Lynn, who listened to Sue & Michael discuss PL when it was
        brand-new and managed to forget EVERYTHING I heard!! --