Re: Spoilers (was Re: Pan's Labyrinth) - THANKS

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2007
      > ----- Carl F. Hostetter <Aelfwine@...> ----
      > I apologize for the brusqueness of my reply, Jason. Your concern
      > is valid, and you are right to voice it. Call my reply a "visceral
      > reaction", probably residual from the last time we went through
      > this exercise on this list.

      I appreciate the thoughtful reply, Carl.

      And of course, you're very right about the points you made, and it certainly is a hotbutton issue for some. In this case, I do feel more responsible for my own spoilage than I would have done had these messages come to the list, say, six months ago. Ironically, I was *very* careful to avoid all the discussions of the movie back then, but I have since relaxed a little too much. I figured this one was safe because we were talking about the larger idea of what a "fantasy" film is, but I clearly should have been more careful. Live and learn.

      So, anyway, thanks. :)

      Jason