Re: [mythsoc] Re: Revised versions of classics

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2007
      >I like that, Joe-- but what would consider better fantasy films? I can
      >think of better SF films but fantasy...? I don't know...

      Well, here's a few candidates:

      _The Wizard of Oz_ (1939)
      _The Thief of Bagdad (1940)
      _Dragonslayer_ (1981)
      _The Princess Bride_ (1987)

      I assume you mean live-action only. If you extend the question to include animation, you've got all of Disney, Pixar, Studio Ghibli, etc. to choose from. Personally, I'd go with _Spirited Away_.

      emerdavid

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com