Jackson & The Hobbit

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2007
      And, just to be reminded that this is not a moot issue, a recent
      article in the L.A. Times about the current shaky state of New Line,
      of which the most interesting paragraph is quoted in the following link.

      > http://www.fantasysfblog.com/fantasysf.php?zone=813071

      Basically, the studio is in trouble and seeking to mend fences with
      their chief moneymaker. The most interesting part about the article
      being quoted from not in this excerpt is the news that the only movie
      still to come from New Line this year that they expect to do really
      well is THE GOLDEN COMPASS. Saw the preview for this a week ago and
      the strangest thing about it I didn't even notice until Janice
      pointed it out afterwards: no daemons. Don't know if they have been
      written out of the film or simply hadn't been special-effect'd into
      the preview. I don't see how they can do the story without them, but
      I guess we'll find out.