Re: Mythcon 38 Report

  • Anthony and Jessica
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 13, 2007
      Hey all,
      What fabulous memories and thoughts on the whole of it, many thanks
      Berni for the wonderful report, I will make sure Jessie reads it and
      thoughts on T-shirts, I must agree with Lynn and all, and stress this
      to newer mythies, this was our 3rd MythCon and since the 1st one we
      attended in Nashville we have deep heartfelt ties to everyone, it is
      as leaving an extended family when we sing the last songs at closing
      ceremonies--since meeting everyone and getting to know them I find it
      very hard to leave and wish we could do it all over again now rather
      than in a year....well Lynn, Ellie and the Stewards made sure I will
      want to do it again...hopefully by chairing MC 39 and the plans we are
      working out for it will show either I am incredibly nuts or happy for
      the job...I think a lil of both ;-)

      Anthony

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger McElwee" <gingermc@...> wrote:

      > Lynn said:
      >
      > >I've been thinking, once again, of what makes a Mythcon so special. A
      > >big part of it is the "family reunion" quality to it, heavy on the
      > >family members you really *love* seeing and never get enough time
      > >with, and just a dash of old weird uncle XYZ. I suspect part of it is
      > >that there's such a high percentage of people who are interconnected.
      >
      > >And yet I think we are expansive about receiving new people and
      > >engaging with them (at least the interactions I see are welcoming).
      >

      > I think you are right, Lynn. This was my third Mythcon, and I can
      speak to
      > both of your points. The people at Mythcon are amazingly friendly
      to new
      > people. You are so friendly and welcoming that after only three
      Mythcons, I