RE: [mythsoc] Re: Mythcon 38 reports?

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 12, 2007
      I concur: the paper was lucid and detailed, especially good on how CJRT
      put the published SILMARILLION together and the parts CJRT himself
      created; I won't give away any spoilers, but what was said and read
      squares with what Prof. Clyde Kilby told me in 1977 about the
      SILMARILLION mss. he'd read during his visit to help JRRT put the book
      together in 1966, including the absence of explanation of the Ents, for
      one thing.

      Absolutely the only fault with the paper was that it was scheduled
      opposite Diana Pavlac Glyer's presentation on how she put her together,
      which my wife Jo judged to be one of Mythcon 38's high points.
      Bilocation skills attributed to Padre Pio would've come in handy a time
      or six over the weekend.

      Grateful congratulations for all the Mythcon 38 committee for creating
      such a fine long-expected party.

      Mike

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 24, 2007
        Sorry folks; that should have gone to Ellie, not the list. Apologies
        all round.
        --JDR