a brief introduction and a message for a child you may know

  • Eve Neuhaus
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 10, 2007
      Hi folks,

      I've was waiting for the Mythcon to introduce myself to this group,
      but unfortunately I was felled by a wicked sore throat on Friday
      evening and it kept me away the rest of the conference. I was sorely
      disappointed, as you can imagine, and now I'm even more so, reading
      the reports.

      I am better at last and I'm working on a project that some of you
      may be able to help me with.

      I'm looking for kids who love to draw fantasy scenes and figures (no,
      not adults - only kids, 16 or so and under) to draw a few specific
      images for possible inclusion in a map I'm making of Mythaca <http://
      journeytomythaca.com>. The map will be printed on the inside covers
      of the next edition and the artists acknowledged. The book began as a
      collaborative with the 6th/7th/ and 8th graders in my class a few
      years ago. The map project continues that work.

      This week is the real push to get it done, because next week almost
      all our kids and grandchildren will be here.

      I have plenty of children's work, but too many of the same images, so
      now I'm only looking for specific drawings. I thought, of all groups,
      the members of this one would surely have kids or know kids who like
      fantasy and are looking for drawing projects.

      I've listed the images below. The last day for me to receive pictures
      is August 14.

      I've begun and will continue to posting current drafts of the map and
      commentary about the process on my blog at <http://
      evesjourneytomythaca.blogspot.com>.

      warm regards,
      Eve Neuhaus

      Journey to Mythaca can be viewed on Google Books <http://
      books.google.com/books?id=hv0p5qlJ-TUC&dq=isbn:1595941010 > or
      downloaded at <http://journeytomythaca.com> . Or better yet, buy a
      print copy.

      For more details, go to <http://journeytomythaca.com> or <http://
      evesjourneytomythaca.blogspot.com>

      Missing Mythaca Images

      � Ivan on Magellan's back - a child's version of the cover image
      would work

      � Marianna and the dog under the Great Tree - look at Josephine's
      drawing

      � Paracelsus flying - a version of Josephine's drawing on the title page

      � Icaria holding a set of wings

      � Maya

      � the hedge (look at the hedge hat on the last page of the book)

      � any of the creatures that come out of the hedge

      � any picture from the market scenes

      � the Mearfaln

      � the Birdwoman

      � tatbirds

      Send small but high resolution scanned images to
      <eveneuhaus@...>

      or mail black and white drawings to:

      Eve Neuhaus
      2031 McCollum St.
      San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

    • John D Rateliff
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 24, 2007
        Sorry folks; that should have gone to Ellie, not the list. Apologies
        all round.
        --JDR