Re: Mythcon 39 - Wonderful news!!!...

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2007
      I'm glad that a Northeast Mythcon is so appealing--

      A little taste to whet your appetite:

      Central Connecticut State University, 1615 Stanley Street, New
      Britain, Connecticut, 06050. The campus is 24.5 miles from Bradley
      International Airport, according to Google Maps.

      http://www.ccsu.edu/virtualtour/virtualtourhome.html
      http://www.ccsu.edu/Things_ToDo.htm

      Down toward the bottom of the rather extensive "things to do" page
      there are links for transportation; it's too early to book travel
      (shoot, you can only book Amtrak 11 months in advance! who knew?!) but
      it's NEVER too early to start your Mythcon savings account!

      I'm sure Anthony and Jessica will post on this list when they start
      having meetings and I do indeed encourage local (even not-so-local)
      people to get involved - conferences are much more fun when we're
      really invested in the process.

      -- Lynn --
    • Anthony and Jessica
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
        Hey there all,
        Thank you Lynn for posting the things to do items, indeed we plan to
        get a nice document together of area interests and places to shops. I
        especially loved how David created a doc for this years MC with
        bookstores in the area, I plan doing this as well, and have also found
        a great park in the area, perhaps we could do a bring your own grub
        picnic in the park if time allows--the park looks amazing...but as of
        right now honoring requests for travel directions I have been working
        with mythwebhobbit Randy to get info up on MC 39, as posted on
        Mythsoc.org and here tis:

        http://mythsoc.org/mythcon39.html

        I encourage everyone who plans to make it to MC 39 to get their early
        memberships and contact anyone of us with questions. If you are in the
        Northeast and would like to volunteer we are rounding out the cmte and
        volunteers for positions. Also Jessie and I 's local mythopoeic
        discussion group "The Northeast Tolkien Society" www.herenistarion.org
        will be meeting soon and will cover a chat of MC 39. Stay tuned here
        and there for news of that group.

        Best,
        Anthony