Autographed books

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2007
      This is slightly off-topic, but I figure that in any group of people who
      read a lot there must be a few people who collect books.

      On page 114 of _Guinness World Records 2008_, the claim is made that the
      largest collection of books autographed by their authors owned by anyone (I
      assume they mean in a private collection, not a library collection or a book
      dealer's stock) is 722. I have good reasons to think this number is absurdly
      low. Can anyone here point me to some source (a website or a person or an
      association or whatever) concerned with large private collections of autographed
      books? Or does anyone know someone who has much more autographed books than
      that? Before I write the Guinness people to dispute this record, I'd like to
      have some idea how far off this number is. I've tried Googling on
      "autographed books" or "signed books" and found nothing except links to book dealers
      who sell autographed books.