Re: Mythcon 39 - Wonderful news!!!...

  • Anthony and Jessica
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
      Hey there all, thank you Lucille and Wendell for your wonderful
      thoughts, currently on the ccsu.edu site they have all the travelling
      info to Bradley International Airport, and I have created a doc with
      all this pertinent info that will be posted as we roll along....again
      it was wonderful seeing you all again and am eager to see everyone soon!

      Best,
      Anthony

      > If you live within reasonably close driving distance of next year's
      Mythcon,
      > please consider getting hold of the organizers and volunteering to
      be on the
      > organizing committee.
      >
      > Wendell Wagner

    • Linda DeMars
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
        I too am very excited that you will be back east. I am also excited that
        the gathering will be a little later in August since I am usually teaching
        an art day camp in late July and early August and have to stay close to
        home. The later date will give me some traveling time.

        Although my first and only Mythcon was in Nashville a few years ago
        (courtesy of Stolzi, friend from another list) I loved every moment and will
        start saving and planning for the one in 2008.

        Linda DeMars

        On 8/8/07, L Lattanzi <llattan@...> wrote:

        > Thank you, Lynn and thanks to the Council of Stewards for deciding to
        > come back east next year. Also - What a great theme!!!
        >
        > I had to pass on this year's conference (work - related travel), but I am
        > eager to see news about this year's events and the plans for next year.
        >
        > - Lucille Lattanzi
        >
        > (an eastern Long Island hobbit)
        > llattan@... <llattan%40earthlink.net>

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2007
          I'm glad that a Northeast Mythcon is so appealing--

          A little taste to whet your appetite:

          Central Connecticut State University, 1615 Stanley Street, New
          Britain, Connecticut, 06050. The campus is 24.5 miles from Bradley
          International Airport, according to Google Maps.

          http://www.ccsu.edu/virtualtour/virtualtourhome.html
          http://www.ccsu.edu/Things_ToDo.htm

          Down toward the bottom of the rather extensive "things to do" page
          there are links for transportation; it's too early to book travel
          (shoot, you can only book Amtrak 11 months in advance! who knew?!) but
          it's NEVER too early to start your Mythcon savings account!

          I'm sure Anthony and Jessica will post on this list when they start
          having meetings and I do indeed encourage local (even not-so-local)
          people to get involved - conferences are much more fun when we're
          really invested in the process.

          -- Lynn --
        • Anthony and Jessica
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
            Hey there all,
            Thank you Lynn for posting the things to do items, indeed we plan to
            get a nice document together of area interests and places to shops. I
            especially loved how David created a doc for this years MC with
            bookstores in the area, I plan doing this as well, and have also found
            a great park in the area, perhaps we could do a bring your own grub
            picnic in the park if time allows--the park looks amazing...but as of
            right now honoring requests for travel directions I have been working
            with mythwebhobbit Randy to get info up on MC 39, as posted on
            Mythsoc.org and here tis:

            http://mythsoc.org/mythcon39.html

            I encourage everyone who plans to make it to MC 39 to get their early
            memberships and contact anyone of us with questions. If you are in the
            Northeast and would like to volunteer we are rounding out the cmte and
            volunteers for positions. Also Jessie and I 's local mythopoeic
            discussion group "The Northeast Tolkien Society" www.herenistarion.org
            will be meeting soon and will cover a chat of MC 39. Stay tuned here
            and there for news of that group.

            Best,
            Anthony