RE: [mythsoc] If you're interested in fantasy films...

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
      Hi Robin <waves>! And I didn't realize you were on this list or I would
      have mentioned it. I'm looking forward to reading your paper. Especially
      since I didn't get to go to any papers at the Norman Mythcon!

      Janet

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
        *waves back* I only joined a few months ago and have been mostly lurking
        because of being too darned busy. You guys are getting me hooked on
        Mythcon. It was fantastic this year at Berkeley!

        _____

        _Fantasy Fiction into Film_, edited by Leslie Stratyner and James R.
        Keller, is now available from McFarland Press. It includes four essays
        on the Peter Jackson _Lord of the Rings_ (including my own "Three Rings
        for Hollywood" on earlier film scripts), two on the first Narnia film,
        and two on _Charlie and the Chocolate Factory_. The remaining essays
        deal with _Mary Poppins_, _Howl's Moving Castle_, _The Polar Express_,
        various incarnations of _The Wonderful Wizard of Oz_, _Peter Pan_, and
        _Practical Magic_.

        Janet Brennan Croft

        Associate Professor
        Head of Access Services