RE: [mythsoc] If you're interested in fantasy films...

  • Robin Reid
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2007
      Hi Janet: Congratulations--I hadn't realized you had an essay in this
      project as well.

      I have one too--based in part on the presentation I did last year at Norman
      (there, I covered the second film; the essay covers all three) on comparing
      the grammar of Tolkien's nature writing with the cinematography of Jackson's
      film in equivalent scenes!

      I had a great Mythcon 38 and now fear I am hooked!

      Robin

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
        Hi Robin <waves>! And I didn't realize you were on this list or I would
        have mentioned it. I'm looking forward to reading your paper. Especially
        since I didn't get to go to any papers at the Norman Mythcon!

        Janet

        ________________________________

        jbcroft@... <mailto:jbcroft%40ou.edu>
        <http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/>
        http://libraries.ou.edu/ <http://libraries.ou.edu/>
        <http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html>

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
          *waves back* I only joined a few months ago and have been mostly lurking
          because of being too darned busy. You guys are getting me hooked on
          Mythcon. It was fantastic this year at Berkeley!

          _____

          _Fantasy Fiction into Film_, edited by Leslie Stratyner and James R.
          Keller, is now available from McFarland Press. It includes four essays
          on the Peter Jackson _Lord of the Rings_ (including my own "Three Rings
          for Hollywood" on earlier film scripts), two on the first Narnia film,
          and two on _Charlie and the Chocolate Factory_. The remaining essays
          deal with _Mary Poppins_, _Howl's Moving Castle_, _The Polar Express_,
          various incarnations of _The Wonderful Wizard of Oz_, _Peter Pan_, and
          _Practical Magic_.

          Janet Brennan Croft

          Associate Professor
          Head of Access Services