Re: Mythcon 38 schedule

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25, 2007
      Well, I know there's a slew (yes, an ENTIRE slew) of excellent papers
      on the schedule but, having just heard within the last few weeks that
      Michael's membership had been received, I was confused to see him back
      off again - I guess they'll really vacillating! Sue had said as much,
      a month or so ago...

      Get yer patooties out to Berkeley, people! I'm takin' names! <big grin>

      -- Lynn --

      > Michael Underwood and Mark T. Hooker, along with a couple other
      scheduled paper
      > presenters, had to cancel their appearance for personal reasons. Their
      > announced papers will not be presented.
      >
      > David Bratman
      > Chair, Mythcon 38
      >

      > At 03:59 AM 7/25/2007 +0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
      >

      > > David, is Michael Underwood *not* presenting a paper? **confused**
      > >
      > > -- Lynn --

    • Matt Williams
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
        I hate it when slew's vacillate.

        >Well, I know there's a slew (yes, an ENTIRE slew) of excellent papers
        >on the schedule but, having just heard within the last few weeks that
        >Michael's membership had been received, I was confused to see him back
        >off again - I guess they'll really vacillating! Sue had said as much,
        >a month or so ago...

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
          The Vacillating Slew sounds like something from Quidditch.

          >Well, I know there's a slew (yes, an ENTIRE slew) of excellent papers
          >on the schedule but, having just heard within the last few weeks that
          >Michael's membership had been received, I was confused to see him back
          >off again - I guess they'll really vacillating! Sue had said as much,
          >a month or so ago...

        • Bonnie Callahan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
            Hello all, sorry to have to send this to everyone.

            I've had 2 messages to Joan rejected by the "daemon"
            who says there is no sff.net. (Are you out there,
            Joan?)

            I need to tell her/you that I'm going out of town and
            to put my messages on hold.

            I look forward to seeing many of you at Mythcon!

            Best, Bonnie
          • David Emerson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
              >I hate it when slew's vacillate.

              Especially the blast-ended slews.

              (Just finished reading Potter 7 - couldja tell?)

              emerdavid

              PeoplePC Online
              A better way to Internet
              http://www.peoplepc.com
            • Anthony and Jessica
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 28, 2007
                Hey David!
                Its been a while since I posted here, and been in touch, my apologies,
                but wished to offer my help if need be, I am bringing my SK
                Thoth/Tolkien sub-creation theory material, papers I wrote and
                video/audio samples, if you need someone to fill in a timeslot I will
                be ready to go at any time.
                Best and thanks,
                Anthony Burdge