Re: Mythcon 38 schedule

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 24, 2007
      David, is Michael Underwood *not* presenting a paper? **confused**

      -- Lynn --

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 25, 2007
        Michael Underwood and Mark T. Hooker, along with a couple other scheduled paper
        presenters, had to cancel their appearance for personal reasons. Their
        announced papers will not be presented.

        David Bratman
        Chair, Mythcon 38

        At 03:59 AM 7/25/2007 +0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:

        > David, is Michael Underwood *not* presenting a paper? **confused**
        >
        > -- Lynn --
      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 25, 2007
          Well, I know there's a slew (yes, an ENTIRE slew) of excellent papers
          on the schedule but, having just heard within the last few weeks that
          Michael's membership had been received, I was confused to see him back
          off again - I guess they'll really vacillating! Sue had said as much,
          a month or so ago...

          Get yer patooties out to Berkeley, people! I'm takin' names! <big grin>

          -- Lynn --

          > Michael Underwood and Mark T. Hooker, along with a couple other
          scheduled paper
          > presenters, had to cancel their appearance for personal reasons. Their
          > announced papers will not be presented.
          >
          > David Bratman
          > Chair, Mythcon 38
          >

          > At 03:59 AM 7/25/2007 +0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
          >

          > > David, is Michael Underwood *not* presenting a paper? **confused**
          > >
          > > -- Lynn --

        • Matt Williams
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
            I hate it when slew's vacillate.

            >Well, I know there's a slew (yes, an ENTIRE slew) of excellent papers
            >on the schedule but, having just heard within the last few weeks that
            >Michael's membership had been received, I was confused to see him back
            >off again - I guess they'll really vacillating! Sue had said as much,
            >a month or so ago...

          • Mike Foster
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
              The Vacillating Slew sounds like something from Quidditch.

              >Well, I know there's a slew (yes, an ENTIRE slew) of excellent papers
              >on the schedule but, having just heard within the last few weeks that
              >Michael's membership had been received, I was confused to see him back
              >off again - I guess they'll really vacillating! Sue had said as much,
              >a month or so ago...

            • Bonnie Callahan
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
                Hello all, sorry to have to send this to everyone.

                I've had 2 messages to Joan rejected by the "daemon"
                who says there is no sff.net. (Are you out there,
                Joan?)

                I need to tell her/you that I'm going out of town and
                to put my messages on hold.

                I look forward to seeing many of you at Mythcon!

                Best, Bonnie
              • David Emerson
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 26, 2007
                  >I hate it when slew's vacillate.

                  Especially the blast-ended slews.

                  (Just finished reading Potter 7 - couldja tell?)

                  emerdavid

                  PeoplePC Online
                  A better way to Internet
                  http://www.peoplepc.com
                • Anthony and Jessica
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 28, 2007
                    Hey David!
                    Its been a while since I posted here, and been in touch, my apologies,
                    but wished to offer my help if need be, I am bringing my SK
                    Thoth/Tolkien sub-creation theory material, papers I wrote and
                    video/audio samples, if you need someone to fill in a timeslot I will
                    be ready to go at any time.
                    Best and thanks,
                    Anthony Burdge