Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 2627

  • Michael Cunningham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 7:45 AM
      Thank you all very much for the quick response - I did trawl the letters,
      but not well enough. This will help me better formulate a supposition on a
      short paper I'm preparing.

      Much appreciated,
      Michael

      In our research for _The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide_, we found no
      evidence that Tolkien ever visited Northern Ireland.

      Christina Scull and Wayne Hammond

      The Scull and Hammond J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide is a wonderful
      resource for answering questions like this. The entry for Ireland in the
      Reader's Guide quotes a letter he wrote in 1971 that says he has never
      been in the North.
      Sara Ciborski