Re: "Sources of Lord of the Rings, Series I"/Narnia remaindered

  • William Cloud Hicklin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2007
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, John D Rateliff
      <sacnoth@...> wrote:

      > Am I the only one who got this message? It's an
      interesting marketing
      > campaign, and Eddison's WORM certainly qualifies,
      but I wonder what
      > else they'll include in this "Series", assuming it
      ever extends
      > beyond the one book.
      > --JDR
      > > Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

      Probably Morris' romances (although they're
      available elsewhere). The one I would really want to
      see though is Lindsay's Voyage to Arcturus.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2007
        In a message dated 7/11/2007 8:58:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        sacnoth@... writes:

        > As someone who has expressed interest in books by E., R. Eddison,
        > you might like to know that Sources of Lord of the Rings and The
        > Children of Hurin by J.R.R.Tolkien, Series I, The: The Worm
        > Ouroboros is now available. You can order your copy for just
        > £24.99 by following the link below.

        I wonder if the series is going to be all the books from this webpage:

        _http://www.sacred-texts.com/ring/index.htm_
        (http://www.sacred-texts.com/ring/index.htm)

      • Kim Jaudon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
          Wow. That's quite a list of texts. And there, among Judaism, Mormonism, Theosophy, and Zoroastrianism is...Tolkien. He and Shakespeare appear to be the only individual writers (unless you count Buddha and Confucius) to have made the list. And, I'm not so sure about Shakespeare.

          Kim