Re: [mythsoc] Re:Golden Compass/Northern Lights Award

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 26, 2007
      The book titles and authors got screwed up somehow, and I don't have time to
      figure out why. Look at the Wikipedia entry for the Carnegie Medal.
      There's a list of the ten finalists there.

    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 27, 2007
        Oh, of course it did. If first volume is part of a series I can't separate what happens in the first book from what happens later in subsequent books, and since he's so millitant, it shows in the later work. So although I enjoyed some aspects of *Golden Compass* I would not be able to give it my vote.

        More things to add to my To Read pile, continually getting larger.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 27, 2007
          I certainly enjoyed Atuan; still hold some images in my mind from that book after years of not reading it. That's a compliment.

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 2, 2007
            Just a quick note to ask if anybody who'd found errata in THE HISTORY
            OF THE HOBBIT could drop me a line off-list (sacnoth@...)
            to let me know about them, so I can fix them for the trade paperback.
            Think I've found most of them by now, but you never know; better
            hearing again about one I've caught than missing one I didn't spot.
            TIme is a factor, though, so if you know of any please let me know
            right away.
            Thanks all.
            --John R.