Mythcon (was: Thanks!)

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2007
      Yes, I'll be there, and so will my husband.

      Questions about the Clark Kerr residence halls:

      Is this more like a dorm, or like a hotel? To wit:

      1. Are there bathrooms in the rooms, or do we need to go down the hall?

      2. Are there double beds for married folks?

      Thanks!

      Susan

    • lynnmaudlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2007
        There are both dorm-type residence options (bathroom down the hall)
        and suite residence options (2 rooms w/shared bathroom attached) - but
        to my knowledge there aren't any double beds for married (or even
        unmarried; I know, shocking, in Berkeley!) folks...

        BUT David Bratman is the chair of this year's Mythcon and he will be
        able to answer these questions with greater specificity - oh, David...?

        -- Lynn --

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2007
          Lynn has it correctly: "suite" (more expensive) means a room that shares a
          bathroom with one other room. "Dorm" means bathroom down the hall.

          No double beds. Alas, this isn't married student housing.

          But the food is good, and we are right now in the process of deciding what
          you're going to eat at the banquet. (bwa-ha-ha!)

          - David Bratman

          At 11:22 AM 6/11/2007 -0400, SusanPal@... wrote:

          >Yes, I'll be there, and so will my husband.
          >
          >Questions about the Clark Kerr residence halls:
          >
          >Is this more like a dorm, or like a hotel? To wit:
          >
          >1. Are there bathrooms in the rooms, or do we need to go down the hall?
          >
          >2. Are there double beds for married folks?
          >
          >Thanks!
          >
          >Susan
        • lynnmaudlin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2007

            > Lynn has it correctly: "suite" (more expensive) means a room that
            shares a
            > bathroom with one other room. "Dorm" means bathroom down the hall.
            >
            > No double beds. Alas, this isn't married student housing.
            >
            > But the food is good, and we are right now in the process of
            deciding what
            > you're going to eat at the banquet. (bwa-ha-ha!)
            >
            > - David Bratman

            The ONE thing I can tell you for sure about the banquet is that you
            *will not* be served two different kinds of potatoes!!! <grin>

            Cole: The trick is not to change it so that more people want to
            join, but to let more people know about it so that those people (like
            me) who would say, "Wow, such a thing EXISTS!?" will find what they've
            already been searching for.

            Yes, EXACTLY my experience (and I was 30, so older than lots of the
            early Mythies) - well said.

            -- Lynn --