Re: [mythsoc] Wendell on Fantasy Matters

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2007
      At 09:12 AM 5/30/2007 -0500, David Lenander wrote:

      >Since at least one of the principle organizers was in a class with me
      >in fall 06, and I routinely announced/explained Rivendell discussions
      >over the three months, inviting people with papers or dissertations-
      >in-progress to contact us to read to us, and at least once explained
      >the national Mythopoeic Society, you might think they would have
      >contacted us sooner. ... So they knew on some
      >levels about the Mythopoeic Society, and contacting us is apparently
      >what the note to me was the day before I posted the paper call.

      I sent them a paper proposal last week, so I plan to attend if it's
      accepted. Along with the proposal I wrote:

      "Your conference interests me a great deal, especially as I've been
      attending similar fantasy literature conferences sponsored by the
      Mythopoeic Society for some years - similar enough that both your keynote
      speakers have appeared at past Mythcons, as they're called. If you're
      interested, you can read about Mythcons here:
      <http://www.mythsoc.org/conferences.html>"

      Let's see what that does. No reply from them yet.