Re:[mythsoc]Modern Grimas...and others-ON VIDEO?

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 9 , May 28, 2007
      Well, you can't twist arms to get permissions - they have to be freely
      given and we need to be VERY specific that it's for personal or
      archival purposes and not to be inserted into some future commercial film.

      It is perhaps something we need to think about, in this day of cell
      phones with cameras and still cameras with limited video capture,
      establishing a general policy for Mythcons... hmmm....

      Of course, that even wouldn't translate well onto a TV screen - poor
      lighting, a funky space (remember how low that ceiling was?), and so
      much of the *power* of it was the atmosphere in the room and I don't
      think atmosphere translate well onto film (or video).

      The good news in all this is that camcorders keep getting both smaller
      and less expensive. <grin>

      -- Lynn --